Hi I'm Kelley. Welcome to Mountain Mama Cooks
The first recipe I remember making on my own was German Pancakes in 7th grade Home Economics. I couldn’t wait to make the recipe at home for my family. Seeing
their faces after they devoured the syrup laden puffed pancakes marked the beginning of what has become a lifelong love of cooking for others. And I’m pretty
sure it’s why I fell in love with breakfast for dinner, too!
I share recipes that are seasonal, mostly healthful, sometimes indulgent, family friendly, and uncomplicated to prepare. I also create and share tried-and-true
recipes for the high altitude baker.
My food philosophy is simple- eat pretty well most of the time.
In addition to running the blog, I work part-time as a private chef for local families and vacationers alike in Park City, Utah. I am the proud mama to two dogs- both rescues, two boys- not rescues, and one stuntman husband- my lifetime boyfriend.
When I’m not in the kitchen, or chasing kids and dogs, it’s likely you’ll find me on the mountain- snowboarding during the winter and hiking in the summer.
Want to know more?
- I’m a Utah native will always (hopefully) call the mountains my home.
- I have an obsessive love for my two rescue pups. Search #adventuresofnachoandblue on Instagram to see more!
- I’m an avid reader. One of my favorite things EVER is to curl up on the couch, in front of the fire, and read the day away.
- I’m a ski bum at heart and snowboard 50+ days a year!
- Every year I say I’m going to learn how to ski.
- I’m still on a snowboard.
- I hate being late. I also get annoyed when others are late.
- My biggest pet peeve is noisy eaters. I literally have to leave the roomwhen someone is chomping away loudly.
- My last meal would be a BLT: extra crispy bacon, summer ripe tomatoes (lightly salted) and crispy iceberg lettuce on toasted rye with a smear of mayonnaise. And an ice cold beer.
- I gave birth to both of my kids au natural. Anyone who says you don’t get a medal for doing it natural is a liar. You SO get a medal.
- I have naturally curly hair but am ridiculously lazy that it’s almost always in a messy bun.
- My favorite food city is New Orleans. It would take a week to list the reasons why!
- More than once I’ve been accused of being too honest. The good news is that you’ll always know where you stand with me. The bad news is that I might offend you. My apologies in advance.
- I try to break a sweat every single day. Tennis, HIIT, hiking....anything. I’m always better when I’ve worked out.
- My daily uniform is yoga pants and t-shirt. Life is better in sweats, am I right?
- I met my husband in a bar and we were married on a mountain top 3 years later. I affectionately call him my lifetime boyfriend.
- I don’t eat any kind of fish, beets or blue cheese.
Ideas on how we might work together
- Sponsored Posts – if you are interested in promoting content that is relevant to Mountain Mama Cooks or have a product that aligns with my blog, let’s chat about how how we can connect that with Mountain Mama Cooks readers.
- Product/Brand Ambassadorship – I love to share products that I believe in and creating a long-term relationship is always welcome.
- Recipe Development – My favorite way to work with a brand is creating a new recipe and sharing it with my readers.
- Brand Event and Sponsored Trips – if your company is hosting a food event or press trip, I’d love to be involved and share my experience(s) with my readers.
- Advertise on Mountain Mama Cooks – I offer a lot of ad options. Please contact me for rates.
- Food Photography and Styling – I work with the talented Kelli Hatcher and we’d love to help you photograph and/or style your next project.
If you feel like your brand or product would be a good fit with Mountain Mama Cooks, please E-mail me at email@example.com to talk about how we can work together.
Kellie Hatcher Photography
My brothers and sisters used to make fun of me at the dinner table. They would say I mixed up weird combinations of my food and claimed it was delicious just to get them to try something new. I have a very low tolerance for picky eaters and avery loud and opinionated passion for what I think is delicious. To say that Kelley and I were a match made in heaven is an understatement. We both have an incredible passion for eating and creating. She- the food, and I- the imagery.
I started my own photography business in 2009 and took over an online photography school in 2015. I fell in love with capturing the imperfect moments of my own family, then those of each family I photographed. The realness and light that I loved to reveal in my images transferred into food photography much more easily than I would have imagined. After working with kelley for more than a year, I feel that we have started some sort of dance in the kitchen. Styling, laughing, eating, moving objects in and out of the frame and loving every second.
Personal Chef Services
I offer partial day or full day personal chef services. This includes home cooked meals prepared in your kitchen using the freshest ingredients possible. Enjoy a chef prepared breakfast, lunch, dinner or make it an all day affair! Your menu can be served family style, buffet or plated. I will take care of everything so you can relax and enjoy your time in park city. Full day personal chef include all three meals. A set daily rate plus the cost of groceries apply. Partial day personal chef services include 1-2 meals prepared in your home. A hourly rate plus the cost of groceries apply.
Fridge filling/arrival meals – the most popular request!
Meals will be prepared before you arrive at your house or vacation destination and will be waiting for you in your fridge/freezer. All meals will be left with explicit preparation and heating instructions. The kitchen will be cleaned before you arrive. Other than a well stocked fridge and the smell of home cooking, you’ll never know i was there. An hourly cooking rate plus the cost of groceries apply.
Dinner Party/Cocktail Parties
I specialize in intimate gatherings and smaller affairs. Let me take the stress of entertaining and prepare a from scratch meal for your next gathering. Rates vary so please reach out with any questions and we can talk further about your needs.
let me do your grocery shopping before you arrive. You’ll send me a list and i will shop, deliver, and put groceries away for you. This is idea for anyone that likes to cook but doesn’t want to hassle the busy grocery store or have time to shop. An hourly rate applies.
I am more than comfortable accommodating special diets and food allergies. We can create a gluten-free, non-dairy, Paleo, nut free, vegetarian, vegan or any other special menu that you might need.
I offer a variety of services and am happy to customize a package to fit your needs. Please reach out so I can help you with your food service needs!
For inquiries, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.