A vegan, no-bake adventure bar loaded with protein and natural sugars!
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup unsweetend shredded coconut
- 1 cup medjool does, pitted
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
- 4 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- In a food processor fitted with the chopping blade, combine the cashews and coconut and pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl.
- Place the dates in the food processor. Pulse a few times, then process the dates until they have turned into a paste. Add the apricots and cherries and pulse a few times. Return the cashew mixture the fruit, along with the chia seeds, hemp hearts, and almond butter. Process until ingredients are well combined- neither too dry nor too sticky- and hold together nicely when pressed.
- Lay a piece of parchment paper on a clean, flat surface and return the mixture out onto it. Press the mixture together and form into an 8-inch square that is a little thicker than 1/4 inch. Place in the fridge or freezer to firm up before cutting into 8 bars.
- Wrap the bars individually in parchment paper. They will keep for several weeks in the fridge or several months in the freezer.
I used peanut butter in lieu of the almond butter. I didn’t wrap the bars individually rather I stored them in air tight glass container in the freezer.