A gluten free and vegan alternative to the popular slaw made with ramen noodles. Loaded with fresh vegetables and quinoa, this is a perfect light lunch!
- 12 oz package organic broccoli slaw
- 2 cups chopped purple cabbage
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower
- 2 cups sliced snowpeas
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped (white and some of greens used)
- *2 cups cooked and cooled quinoa
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup tamari (wheat free soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- *Quinoa needs to be cooked and cooled for this slaw. Please make ahead!
- In a mason jar with tight fitting lid, combine orange juice, lime juice, tamari, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, sesame oil, vegetable oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Screw the lid on tightly and shake until combined; set dressing aside and prepare salad.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli slaw, chopped cabbage, cauliflower, sliced snow peas, scallions and cooked and cooled quinoa.
- Pour dressing over slaw and mix to combine. Top with sliced almonds if desired. Serve immediately or keep in fridge until ready to serve. If making ahead, hold off on topping with almonds until just before serving.
The quinoa needs to be cooked and cooled before preparing this salad so please plan ahead.