A meatless meal with a delicious corn and black bean salad stuffed into roasted sweet potatoes!
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 14-oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 10 oz frozen corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2– 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Place sweet potatoes on a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 60-75 minutes until sweet potatoes are just tender and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, prepare corn and black bean salad. Place rinsed beans in a medium sized bowl with the thawed corn. Add chopped cilantro, minced jalapeño, minced garlic, sliced scallions, lime juice, olive oil, and kosher salt. Toss to combine.
- When sweet potatoes are cooked, remove from oven and turn oven to ‘broil’. Slice each sweet potato in half length wise and squeeze the sweet potato together just a bit to mash the inside. Sprinkle each sweet potato with desired amount of shredded cheese. (You could use a few tablespoons or up to 1/4 cup on each sweet potato.)
- Broil the sweet potatoes until cheese is melted- about 2 minutes.
- Divide black bean and corn mixture evenly between the potatoes. Top with a 1/4 of the diced avocado and serve with a lime wedge or two.