Cashew butter chocolate chip cookies with chia seeds.
- 1 cup cashew butter
- scant 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line a baking sheet with either parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat.
- In a large bowl, combine cashew butter, sugar, baking soda, chia seeds and egg; mix until thoroughly combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop cookie dough by the heaping tablespoon onto prepared cookie sheet. Flatten the cookies just a touch but using the bottom of a glass dip in granulated sugar (optional).
- Bake until puffy and golden about 10 minutes. Let cookies cool on baking sheet 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool entirely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. These taste best if eaten within a few days.
These cookies work beautifully as written at all altitude levels!
Recipe adapted from Completely Delicious