A twist on meatloaf using ground chicken breast, diced cheddar cheese and lots of pantry spices. It’s one of our families out to meals and I make it at least once a month. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- 1 generous tablespoon ketchup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 4 oz diced cheddar cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2–1 teaspoon ground mustard
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/3 cup ketchup, brown sugar and dried mustard; set aside.
- In a small saute pan, heat olive oil and saute onion and bell pepper for about 2 minutes. Add minced garlic, dried oregano and pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for one minute more and remove from heat. Combine bread crumbs and milk in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg slightly. Add 1 tablespoon ketchup, worcestershire sauce, ground chicken, cubed cheese, bread crumb mixture and sauteed peppers and onions. Season with a generous pinch of salt and ground black pepper. Mix all ingredients together taking care not to over mix.
- Put chicken mixture in a standard loaf pan. Top with brown sugar/ketchup mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes.