This classic chocolate crinkle cookie is adjusted for high altitude kitchens. It’s a staple in our house and made every Christmas. Chocolatey and perfect just the way it is!
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2 cups minus two tablespoons sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Mix oil, melted chocolate and sugar.
- Blend in one egg at a time until well mixed. Add vanilla and stir in.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into oil mixture; stir just until combined.
- Chill dough several hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, heat oven to 350F degrees.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of dough into powdered sugar and roll to cover the entire ball of cookie dough.
- Place about 2 inches apart on greased baking sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until soft in the middle but set. Take care not to over bake.