Cinnamon Bun Coffee Creamer
An all natural coffee creamer recipe that tastes just like a breakfast cinnamon bun! Organic cream, whole milk, maple syrup, almond extract and cinnamon make this a better for you coffee creamer.
Over the last ten years, I’ve slowly changed the way I ate. Long gone are the days of processed foods and late night drive through (hello college) and today I do my best to eat a diet that stays clear of the fake stuff and instead focus on homemade foods using minimally processed ingredients. While I’ll admit I’m not always perfect (I do love an Oreo or two), I do try to make much of what we eat from scratch instead of buy from a grocery store. It tastes so much better not to mention I can control what ingredients go into what I’m making!
With that being said, one of the harder processed foods for me to give up has been coffee creamer. I can’t help myself- I like my coffee light and sweet. And all those flavors at the grocery store? I cave once in awhile. But GAH?!?! Have you looked at the ingredient list? I can barely pronounce some of it and the fact that it’s got a 4 month shelf life scares me a little. So processed and SO MUCH sugar, it was long past due that I started making my own coffee creamer from scratch. I don’t know what took me so long!
I’d seen recipes for coffee creamers over the years and just finally got around to making my own last month. The verdict: I’ll never buy creamer again. For reals. This stuff is so much better. And EASY to make. It doesn’t last more than a week or so in the fridge but, trust me, that’s a good thing. I can’t wait to experiment with some other flavors but so far I’ve made this cinnamon bun version twice and it’s The Goods– just like a big ol’ gooey cinnamon roll!
Happy Monday to you all and *cheers* from my cup of coffee to yours! See you tomorrow for T-t-t-t-taco Tuesday! You’re not going to want to miss it- it’s got ice cream and chocolate involved!
- 1 cup organic whole cream
- 3/4 cup organic whole milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- In a small sauce pan, heat cream and milk just to a bare simmer over medium heat.
- Turn heat to low and add maple syrup and cinnamon stick. Stir occasionally over low heat for 5 minutes until syrup is melted through.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and almond extracts. Let creamer sit at room temperature to cool completely. Remove cinnamon stick from creamer before transferring to a glass container with tight fitting lid. Store in fridge for up to a week.