Crunchy Napa Slaw
A fun twist on a classic slaw, This Crunchy Napa Slaw is made with napa cabbage, radishes, cilantro, and an Asian inspired dressing. It’s the perfect summer potluck!
We haven’t been great about tackling our summer bucket list. Partly because we’ve been too busy doing having fun and not trying to check things off our list. But if I’m being totally truthful it’s that we’re just running out of time. The summer is f-l-y-i-n-g by and we just haven’t found the time.
It’s kind of a lame excuse but it’s the truth. I’m hoping we can tackle some of the easier things like making pineapple upside down cake, staying in our pajamas for a full day, and spending an afternoon picking fruit at a near by farm. Some of the road trips and camping aspirations might have to wait until this fall.
No harm no foul though because we’ve still had a pretty awesome summer break and I intend to make the best out of our last few weeks of break. I’m so not ready to send my kids back. I know a lot of parents that are counting down the days until school starts but I’m just not. I really do love having my boys around. And I REALLY love the lazy days and not making daily lunches! 🙂
Enough about my summer woes though. Let’s instead talk about this slaw. If you like Asian favors, this salad is for you. It’s full of crunchy vegetables, refreshing for when it’s hot out, and like any slaws, it gets better the day after it sits. Just don’t add the almonds until you’re ready to serve. They get a little soggy if they sit for too long.
Enjoy your last bit of summer and happy eating! xoxo, Kelley
A delicious slaw made with napa cabbage and a ginger dressing.
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
For the salad:
- 8 cups shredded napa cabbage
- 2 cups chopped sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped radishes
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- Make the dressing first. Combine all the ingredients in a glass jar with a tight fitting lid. Use a fork or whisk to incorporate ingredients. OR put the lid on- making sure it’s tight- and shake to mix the dressing throughly.
- To make the salad, combine cabbage, sugar snap peas, carrots, radishes green onion, and cilantro. Toss with the dressing. Refrigerate for a few hours before serving. Just before serving top with toasted almonds.