- 4 whole eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- 2 scallions, diced
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices American cheese
- 4 Toufayan wraps
- Beat eggs and egg whites in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, heat butter over medium heat. Add diced bell pepper and diced scallions. Sauté for 3-5 minutes until peppers and onion are soft. Add beaten eggs and cook, over medium-low heat, until eggs are just set and cooked. Remove eggs from pan and let cool to room temperature before assembling the wraps.
- Make 4 pieces of foil (large enough to wrap the burritos up) and place them on the counter. Put one tortilla on each foil square and then one piece of American cheese in the center of each tortilla. Divide the egg mixture between the 4 wraps. Wrap the tortillas up so all the ends are wrapped up tight. Wrap the burritos in the foil. At this point you can heat the burritos straight away or you can put the individually wrapped breakfast burritos in a large ziplock to store in the freezer.
- To reheat the burritos, take straight from the freezer and place into a toaster oven (set to 350F degrees) for 20 minutes. Alternatively you could wrap the burritos in plastic an reheat in the microwave.