Rich, chocolatey gluten free brownies with dark chocolate chunks and a touch of sea salt for good measure.
- 12 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend (I recommend Cup for Cup)
- 3 oz good quality dark chocolate bar coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt (such as Maldon) for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line a 9×9 square baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium sized saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Remove from stove when melted and stir in granulated sugar and cocoa powder.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and eggs until the eggs are fully incorporated. Stir in the flour until well combined and then stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour brownie batter into the parchment lined baking pan. Sprinkle evenly with sea salt.
- Bake brownies in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until done. (The brownies will fell firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted into the middle of the brownies will come out clean)
- Cool brownies on a cooling rack for at least 30 minutes (best if you can wait longer) before cutting and serving.
This recipe has been modified for high altitude. If you don’t need to modify, then decrease the vanilla extract by 1/2 teaspoon and increase the sugar by 3 tablespoons.