A tangy, delicious summer recipe using fresh tomatoes and green beans!
- 1 lb green beans, ends trimmed
- 6 medium tomatoes, cored and cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons finely diced shallots
- 1 large clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped basil
- Bring a medium sized pan of salted water to a boil. Add the whole green beans and cook until “crisp tender” about 3 minutes, depending on size. Don’t overcook! Drain and let cool.
- In a small mason jar with tight fitting lid, combine dijon mustard, vinegar, shallots and garlic. Secure lid tightly and shake to combine. Slow stir the olive oil in a small whisk- or put lid back on and shake again!
- Add the tomato wedges and cooled green beans to a serving bowl. Pour dressing over and toss to combine. Season generously with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with basil and stir! Salad can be served cold or at room temperature.
Salad can be made a few hours ahead of time. Add basil just before serving.