A super quick and easy salmon recipe to throw on the grill!
- 1 large 2 lb salmon fillet about 3/4 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- juice from one lemon (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 heaping tablespoon capers
- 2 large pieces of aluminum foil
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- Place one piece of foil on a large baking sheet. (This will make it easier to transport to grill.) Crimp the foil at the sides so that the wine and lemon juice don’t spread.
- Place salmon, skin side down, on foil. Drizzle salmon with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place lemon slices atop salmon. Sprinkle salmon with white wine, lemon juice and capers.
- Place the other piece of foil over the salmon and make a large packet with a tight seal.
- Place salmon on grill and cook, with the grill cover down, for 10-20 minutes depending on how hot your grill gets and how thick your salmon is. (Mine grill gets to about 450 degrees and I cook the salmon for about 13 minutes.)