A lightened up baked chicken recipe with parmesan and bread crumbs.
- 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken cutlets (about 4–5 small breasts)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400F degrees.
- Put the olive oil and melted butter in a small bowl.
- In a shallow bowl or pie plate, combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, chopped parsley, salt and pepper.
- Brush each cutlet with some of the olive oil an butter mixture. I think a pastry brush works for best for this. Dredge each cutlet in the parmesan/bread crumb mixture. Gently press onto each side.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment. Repeat with all the chicken cutlets. Drizzle any extra olive oil/butter over the chicken.
- Bake chicken in a preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until chicken is cooked through. If chicken isn’t browned on top, use the broiler to brown the chicken for 1-2 minutes until golden.
- Serve with slices of lemon.