- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (or your favorite chocolate chip)
- Preheat the oven to 325F degrees.
- Lightly butter a 9X13-inch baking pan or line it with parchment paper.
- Mix the flour, salt, and baking soda together in medium bowl; set aside.
- With a hand mixer, whisk the melted butter and both the brown and granulated sugar in a large bowl until combined. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture and mix just until combined, taking care not to over mix. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Evenly press the cooking dough into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with the spatula or wooden spoon.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 22-26 minutes just until the top of the bars is starting to brown. Remove the bars from the oven and let fully cool before cutting into 24 squares.