The secret to these awesome oatmeal raisin cookies is soaking the raisins in beaten egg and vanilla extract. These are the BEST oatmeal cookie recipe around- trust me!!
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups oatmeal
- 3/4 cups toasted pecans, chopped (optional)
- Combine beaten eggs, raisins and vanilla extract in a small bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand for one hour. *DON’T SKIP THIS STEP- IT’S THE SECRET TO THESE AWESOME COOKIES!
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- In a small bowl, sift the flour, salt, cinnamon, and soda together; set aside.
- Cream the butter and both sugars together.
- Add flour mixture to butter and sugar and mix well. Dough will be stiff.
- Slowly add the egg/raisin mixture and mix until fully incorporated.
- Stir in oatmeal and pecans if using.
- Bake cookies on cookie sheet for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
This recipe has been created for high altitude kitchens. For sea level bakers, increase baking soda to 2 teaspoons, decrease vanilla extract to 2 teaspoons and increase granulated sugar to 1 full cup.