A recipe for perfect Snickerdoodles at high altitude every single time!
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 35oF degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cream of tartar, salt and baking soda; set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together in a large bowl until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add eggs and beat just until combined.
- Slowly add in flour mixture and stir just until combined, don’t over mix.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup granulated sugar and 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place cookie balls 2-inches apart onto lined cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes.. Don’t overtake! Remove from oven when cookies look just barely done and let them cool on tray 5 minutes before removing them to a cooling rack.
- Store cookies in an airtight container on the counter for 3 days or in the freeze for up to one month.