A homemade version of a Cheezit or or similar cracker. Made with whole wheat flour and sharp cheddar, these are awesome with a cold beer.
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in bowl of food processor. Keep machine on until the dough forms a ball, about 1 minute.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to about 1/8-inch thick. Using a round cookie cutter (I think mine was 1 1/2 inches round), cut out dough and transfer to an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake the crackers for 12 minutes or until lightly browned at edges.
- Remove crackers from oven and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- These crackers can be stored in an airtight container on the counter for a few days or wrapped and frozen up to one month.