A 30-minute recipe where a traditional Mexican breakfast gets made into a simple taco!
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Place an oven rack in the middle position and preheat the broiler to low.
- Spread out the tortillas on a baking sheet and coat with cooking spray. Broil for 2 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and flip the tortillas over so the toasted side is face down.
- Divide the black beans among the tortillas and sprinkle with a bit of cheese. Return the baking sheet to the oven and broil for 1 to 2 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and place it next to the stovetop.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Crack two eggs into the skillet and cook until the sites are just cooked through, then flip. Transfer each egg to one of the tortillas, on top of the black beans and cheese. Repeat with the remaining eggs. Sprinkle each with a bit of kosher salt and pepper.
- Top the tacos with 1 tablespoon of pico de gallo (or your favorite salsa), a dollop of sour cream, avocado slices, and cilantro. Serve with a lime wedge.