A cross between a key-lime pie and a cheesecake. This is dreamy!
For the crust:
- Nonstick cooking spray, for preparing the pan
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 can (14 ounces0 sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup freshly squeeze key lime juice
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon key lime zest
For the vanilla whipped cream topping:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Coat a 7-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar. Spread the crust evenly in the bottom and no more than 1 inch up the side of the pan. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, using a handheld mixer, beat the cream cheese on medium speed until smooth. Gradually blend the sweetened condensed milk. Beat in the key lime juice. Mix in the egg just until blended; don’t over mix. Stir in the key lime zest. Pour the batter over the prepared pan.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the Instant Pot and place the trivet in the bottom. Carefully center the filled pan on a sling and lower the pan into the cooking pot. Lock the lid in place and turn the pressure release valve to the “sealed” position. Select “high pressure” and 25 minutes cook time.
- When the cook time ends, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, and finish with a quick pressure release. When the valve drops, carefully remove the lid.
- Use the sling to transfer the pan to a wire rack to cool.Soak up any water that may have collected on top of the cheesecake with the corner of a paper towel.
- Once the cheesecake is cool, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight, until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, make the whipped cream. In a medium bowl, using a handheld mixer, beat the cream on medium-high speed until it starts to thicken. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Spread the whipped cream over the cheesecake. Slice and serve with lime wedges if desired.
If you can’t find key limes, substitute 3 tablespoons freshly squeeze lime juice and 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice.