These fun St. Patricks Days cookies have a secret ingredient- magic leprechaun dust (pistachio pudding mix)! So much fun to make with young kids but adults will too appreciate the yummy almond flavor!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 oz water
- 1 egg
- 2– 3.4 oz packages pistachio pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- green decorating sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Beat butter, sugar, and vegetable oil in a bowl till combined.
- Add water and egg, beating until smooth.
- Add pudding mix, almond extract, salt and baking powder, beating until smooth; stir in flour.
- Scoop dough by the teaspoon, rolling in the palm of your hands to form smooth balls; place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Using the bottom of a glass, dip in green decorating sugar and slightly press down on tops of cookies.
- Bake at 350 for 11-12 minutes.
- Remove warm cookies from baking sheet and let cool completely on cooling rack.