Mason jar salad with ground turkey, salad makings, and a yogurt based dressing!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 bunch green onions, minced
- 1 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 2 cups tightly packed romaine lettuce
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lime, cut into slices
- handful fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 avocado, optional
- 1/2 cup Cilantro Avocado dressing from Bolthouse, or similar dressing of your choice
- Heat a large sauté to medium heat. Add ground turkey and brown. Add paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, salt, tomato paste, and water. Stir to combine and cook just until turkey is cooked all the way through. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Line up 4- quart or 6-pint mason jars. Add a few tablespoons (or desired amount) of dressing in the bottom of jars. Divide ground turkey between the jars. Layer with diced tomatoes and scallions. Next add the corn. Top with a healthy handful of romaine lettuce, a tablespoon or two of shredded cheddar, a pinch of fresh cilantro, and a slice of lime.
- Top each mason jar with a lid. These will store in the fridge for 3-4 days. When ready to serve, shake jars to toss all ingredients with the dressing. Dump into a big bowl and, if desired, top with a few slices of avocado.
You can make these in a pint or quart size jar. Makes 4-6