- 1– 500ml bottle of good olive oil
- The peels of three meyer lemons
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- I used a vegetable peeler to remove the peels of the lemon. The skin is soft and easy to remove. The vegetable peeler makes nice large strips of even peels.
- In a medium sauce pan, combine olive oil and lemon peels. Turn heat to low and let warm for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Meanwhile clean the jar(s) you intend to store the oil in with soap and very hot water. *You want clean jars. Mason jars work perfectly here but a fancier bottle will work as well.
- When jar(s) are dry, place the chili flakes in the bottom of bottle. Pour the oil along with the lemon peels into jar(s). Store in a cool place and let oils sit for 7-10 days before using. Store oil in fridge for up to a month.