An indulgent homemade ice cream made flavored with pure peppermint extract and chocolate covered cookie pieces!
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- pinch kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 6 oz Fudge Dipped Mint Oreo Thins
- Add cream, whole milk, and sugar to a large bowl. Using a whisk, stir until sugar is dissolved- about 2-3 minutes. Add salt and peppermint extract.
- Transfer cream mixture to base of your ice cream maker and follow manufacturers directions. I have a Cuisinart Pure Indulgence (which I love!) and churn the ice cream for about 25 minutes.
- While the ice cream churns, coarsely chop the Oreo thins. Stir them into the ice cream the last 5 minutes.
- Transfer ice cream to an airtight container and transfer to the freezer to set. Ice cream will last 7 days in the freezer!
If you can’t find the mini fudge dipped mint Oreo thins, you can use any kind of mint cookie you like! Or regular Oreo cookies will work as well. You just might want to add another drop of mint extract if you don’t use mint cookies!