Lamb lollipops marinated with rosemary, dijon and garlic. Perfect for Easter brunch or a cocktail party.
- 2 racks of lamb, cut into chops (you should get 6-7 chops per rack)
- salt and pepper
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- zest of one lemon
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for searing
- In a small bowl, combine minced garlic, lemon zest, dijon mustard, minced rosemary, and olive oil; set aside.
- In a large bowl or baking sheet, season lamb chops liberally with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Rub the lamb chops with the garlic/dijon mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- When ready to cook, heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil and when you know the pan is nice and hot, add lamb chops and cook 2-3 minutes without touching. Turn chops over and cook on other side the same amount of time.
- Remove chops to plate and let rest about 5 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining chops until all are cooked.
- If pan starts to smoke, turn heat down. Serve as is or with mint jelly.