These quinoa pancakes make a great appetizer or a light supper served over mixed greens. Mix them up by changing the cheese and dried herbs to make them your own!
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup whipped feta spread
- 3/4 cup your favorite marinara sauce, warmed
- In a large bowl mix quinoa, parmesan cheese, flour, salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder, egg and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Mix well to incorporate all the ingredients well.
- Let mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large saute pan, add remaining two tablespoons of olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Divide quinoa mixture into six patties.
- Fry the patties over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes each side, turning heat down if necessary so that patties brown but don’t burn.
- After both sides are browned and patties are cooked through, remove from pan and let drain on a paper towel.
- Serve warm with whipped feta spread and your favorite marinara sauce.