Peaches and Cream Breakfast Tacos
Baked cinnamon-sugar tortillas, Greek yogurt and fresh peaches make for a killer Peaches and Cream Breakfast Taco. Or dessert taco. Or late night snack taco. Or lunch taco. Or it’s summer and I can’t get enough peaches taco. You get me, right?
We’re only a few days into school and I already feel like I’m getting behind. I blame it on the move this summer as we’re now a 15 minute drive to school opposed to a 2 minute walk. That extra few minutes in the morning that we lose is making our mornings rushed and hectic. Not a fun way to start out the day. After waking up way too late yesterday, I decided last night that I’m going to have to start setting an alarm- something I haven’t done in over 10 years.
If I can get myself up a few minutes earlier than the rest of the house to get the coffee going (mandatory), make lunches and get a jump start on breakfast then I can get the kids up and let them watch part of a show while they have breakfast and get dressed. (We’ve started laying clothes out the night before.) Not one wants to be rushed out the door. Especially at 7:30 in the morning. It doesn’t matter how old you are.
I am a huge advocate for eating a good breakfast in the morning. They call it the most important meal of the day and I tend to agree. As much as my boys would be happy to have cereal and a smoothie every morning, I like to switch things up. Sometimes it’s bagels and scrambled eggs, sometimes it’s yogurt and fruit and if I can get my act together anytime soon, I might even start making pancakes or French toast again. Until I have more time though, we’re sticking to the simple stuff.
I know these look all fancy and complicated but really they’re a breeze. In fact, it’s hardly cooking. If you can preheat an oven then you can make these easy tacos. They’re simply baked tortillas with cinnamon and sugar and then stuffed with Greek yogurt and fresh peaches. Simple, filling and feel like something special. With the peaches being as sweet as they are right now, I’m happy with plain Greek yogurt while my kids lean towards using a sweeter vanilla yogurt. Either way, they’re incredible. They make the perfect on the go breakfast either on a paper plate or wrapped in some parchment or a paper towel. The possibilities are endless with this. Use whatever fruit or yogurt you have on hand. For an extra sweet treat, use vanilla ice cream and serve these for dessert.
Here’s to smoother mornings and hearty breakfasts! Have a good one, everybody! xoPrint
Baked cinnamon-sugar tortillas with greek yogurt and sliced peaches.
- 4 flour tortillas (or spelt or gluten free)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (vanilla or plain)
- 2 peaches, pitted and sliced
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together in small bowl.
- Place tortillas on a baking sheet and brush one side of the tortillas with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture. Flip over and do the same to the other side. Bake in a preheated oven for 12-15 minutes until tortillas are crispy at the edges but still a little soft in the center.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before spreading each tortilla with 1/4 cup of yogurt and 1/2 a sliced peach. Fold and devour!