This hearty winter salad is a nice departure from the usual mixed greens. Raw kale never tasted so good! This salad can stand up to being made a few hours ahead so it’s a great choice for entertaining!
- 1 large or 2 small bunches of kale
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/3 cup dried currants
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Remove the kale leaves from the stems and chop really fine.
- In a large bowl, combine chopped kale, lemon juice, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, pine nuts, currants and parmesan cheese; toss to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- I think this salad tastes best if made about an hour before serving.