Sheet Pan Kielbasa and Potato Dinner
We all need more easy, weeknight dinner ideas. Sheet Pan Kielbasa and Potato Dinner is just that. The prep is a cinch, the dinner is homey, and the clean up is a breeze.
SHEET PAN KIELBASA AND POTATO DINNER
I’ve made this easy dinner no less than 6 times in the past few months. It’s a crowd pleaser- my entire crew devours this- and there are never any leftovers. You can prep this one pan dinner while the oven preheats and then while the sausage and potatoes cook, you can 1) make a salad, 2) help your kiddo so his math homework, and 3) clean up the kitchen and drink a glass of wine.
Trust me. I know.
INGREDIENTS FOR KIELBASA AND POTATO DINNER
This recipe is almost embarrassingly easy. Kielbasa sausage, potatoes, olive oil, and some pantry seasonings. My favorite sausage to use is Simple Truth’s Polish Pork Kielbasa. It’s gluten free and has no hormones or antibiotics. I like that it’s not overly salty and I can get it at my local Kroger. Any potatoes will work but my fave are baby potatoes- either red or Yukon gold. A good olive oil is key and then I suggest using whatever your favorite all-purpose seasoning is. Mine happens to be a mix of Trader Joe’s Garlic Salt Grinder and Simply Organic’s Peppercorn Ranch.
HOW TO MAKE THIS EASY SHEET PAN DINNER
Nothing about this recipe is difficult. The only few suggestions I have are to cut the potatoes the same size so they cook evenly and don’t leave the potatoes too big or the sausage will cook before the potatoes are done. That’s about it. A hot oven will ensure crispy edges on the potatoes and sausage but really that’s it.
This recipe is sooooooo easy.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH KIELBASA AND POTATO DINNER
This is a pretty complete meal on it’s own so often I’ll make a simple salad and call it good. If I wasn’t serving salad, I’d serve another green veggie. Here are few of my favorites-
Like I said above, this recipe has been on regular rotation in our house. It’s just so darn easy. I always have the ingredients in my fridge and it takes zero advance thinking to get it on the table. I love these kinds of recipes. Hope you love it as much as we do!
Do you have a favorite quick and easy dinner idea? This has definitely become one of mine. As always, thanks for reading and being here. Have a great rest of the week. xo, Kelley
photos by Deborah DeKoff/ recipe by Mountain Mama Cooks
OTHER EASY ONE PAN DINNER IDEASPrint
An easy one pan dinner with kielbasa sausage and roasted potatoes.
- 12 oz kielbasa sausage
- 1 1/2– 2 lb. baby potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1– 1/2 teaspoons of your favorite all purpose seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste (depending on how salty the seasoning you choose)
- chopped parsley, optional for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Depending on the size of your potatoes, half or quarter them. You don’t want them to be thicker than @ 1/3 of an inch. Toss them into a large bowl.
- Slice the kielbasa into 1/2-inch slices; add them to the bowl with potatoes. Drizzle with olive oil and seasoning. Toss to combine.
- Lay evenly on parchment lined baking sheet. Roast for 35-45 minutes or until potatoes are done throughout and crispy on the outside. Toss about half way through cooking time to ensure even browning. Remove from oven and toss with fresh parsley if desired.
- Serving ideas: a tossed salad, steamed rice, roasted green beans.