For the vinaigrette:
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the salad:
- 5 oz baby kale
- 10 oz brussels sprouts, shredded
- 1–2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1–2 cara cara oranges, peeled and segmented
- 3 tablespoons toasted almonds
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, optional
- For the vinaigrette, mix all ingredients in a jar with tight fitting lid and vigorously mix until throughly combined.
- Add baby kale and brussels sprouts to a large bowl. Toss with vinaigrette. (Start with 1/2 of the vinaigrette and add more if desired). Top with avocado, orange, almonds and sesame seeds if using.
- Serve immediately.