- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3–4 dashes hot sauce (to taste)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 3 half breasts)
- 1/2 cup fresh frozen corn
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- corn tortillas
- sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- romaine lettuce
- sour cream (optional)
- To make the bbq sauce, combine ketchup, brown sugar, worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar, hot sauce, garlic powder, mustard powder and kosher salt in a small sauce pan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- In the base of a slow cooker, place the chicken breasts. Pour bbq sauce over chicken breasts. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, shred chicken (keeping it in the slow cooker) and mix it into the bbq sauce. Stir in corn and red bell pepper. Put lid back on slow cooker and cook for 1 hour longer.
- To serve tacos: preheat oven to 375F degrees. Brush corn tortillas with a touch of olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt. Place on a baking sheet and heat for 10 minutes. *This is optional but I highly suggest it!
- Place a 1/4 cup of chicken mixture on each tortilla. Top with a small amount of cheddar cheese. Place tacos back in oven and bake for 7-8 minutes until cheese is melted. Top with shredded romaine and sour cream if desired.
- *I mixed an 8 oz container of sour cream with a ranch dressing packet. Feel free to use plain sour cream as well.