A super easy recipe for slow cooker tacos using ground beef, tomato sauce, and pantry spices.
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup minced, yellow or white onion (about 1 small)
- 1– 4 oz can mild green chilis
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- In a large pan brown the ground beef and onion over medium heat. Drain excess fat and transfer beef and onion mixture to the base of the slow cooker.
- Add all the spices, tomato sauce, and water to the ground beef; stir to combine. Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Serve the taco meat in hard shells, flour tortillas, or over greens for a taco salad.