A slow cooker recipe for BBQ beef sloppy joes. Savory and sweet, these are the bomb!!
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha Sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add the ground beef to a large sauté pan. Cook over medium heat, using a spatula to break up the meat. Add the minced onion and a pinch of salt. Cook until meat is brown and onions is soft. Remove from heat and drain off any excess fat.
- Add the beef/onion mixture to the slow cooker.
- In a separate bowl, combine ketchup, Sriracha Sauce, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper; mix to combine.
- Add the sauce to the slow cooker and stir into the meat mixture. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours. Serve over baked potatoes, sandwiched between two rolls, or in lettuce cups. This makes great leftovers!