- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1.5 oz Applejack Brandy (or bourbon)
- 4 oz unfiltered apple cider
- 1/2 oz cinnamon syrup (recipe to follow)
- juice of 1/2 lemon + more for rimming martini glass
- apple slice & cinnamon stick to garnish (optional)
- To make the simple syrup, combine water, both sugars and cinnamon sticks in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil and then turn heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- On a small plate, combine turbinado sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- To make the cocktail, combine Applejack, apple cider, simple syrup and juice of half of a lemon in a cocktail shaker or large glass. Shake or stir to combine.
- Using lemon wedge, wipe around the rim of the martini glass. Dip the rim in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Pour apple cider martini into glass and garnish with apple slice and cinnamon stick if desired.