- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Spectrum all-vegetable shortening
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Grease an 8-inch square baking dish with shortening.
- In a medium sauce pan over very low heat, melt the chocolate chips until very smooth.
- Remove the pan from heat, then mix in the shortening and coconut sugar. Stir in the eggs and vanilla extract until smooth and combined. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out with just a few crumbs attached.
- Let the brownies cool in the pan for 1 hour. Cut the brownies into 16 servings.