A hearty, gluten free dinner that is comforting and filling.
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 6 cups Slow Cooker Turkey Taco Chili
- queso fresco
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Wash and dry sweet potatoes and then place them directly on rack in preheated oven. Bake for 30-40 minutes until soft and cooked all the way through.
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven and let cool about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat up leftover chili on the stove top over medium heat.
- Cut sweet potatoes in half and gently squeeze to make a nice “boat” to fill with chili. Scoop 1 1/2 cups of chili into each sweet potato. Garnish with crumbled queso fresco, chopped onion and cilantro. Serve with a wedge of lime if desired.
This recipe relies on leftover Turkey Taco Chili. You can get the recipe HERE