My favorite holiday cookie and the recipe my mom has been baking since I was a little girl!
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- coarse sugar to roll cookies in or extra granulated sugar will do
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cloves, cinnamon, ginger, salt and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat oil, sugar, molasses and eggs.
- Stir in flour mixture and mix well.
- Shape dough into balls and roll into sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes taking care not to over bake.
These cookies have been adjusted for high altitude. If you don’t need to adjust, increase baking soda to 4 teaspoons and the sugar to 2 full cups.