These ultra decadent and rich brownies are studded with toffee chips and semi sweet chocolate chips. Not for the faint hearted, these are a chocolate lovers dream!
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) butter
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup toffee chips plus more for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a medium sauce pot, over medium heat, melt butter and cocoa powder. Stir occasionally until melted and smooth.
- Off heat, stir in sugar and vanilla.
- Beat in eggs one at a time until well incorporated.
- Add salt and flour and mix just until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and toffee pieces.
- Spread into buttered 9 x 9 baking dish and sprinkle with additional toffee chips if desired.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place brownies on cooling rack to cool completely.