- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 lb chicken cutlets, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 8 oz sugar snap peas
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 heaping teaspoon local honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- chopped green onions and lemon zest for garnish (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan or wok over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant and soft.
- Turn heat to medium-high and and chicken. Brown, stirring occasionally, until chicken is almost cooked through about 5 minutes. Add sugar snap peas, tamari, lemon juice and honey. Cook 2-3 minutes more until sugar snap peas are warmed through. Finish by stirring in black pepper.
- Serve chicken and snow peas over cooked rice and garnish with chopped scallions and additional lemon zest.