For the Homemade Hot Chocolate:
- 3 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 8 oz chocolate, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Dunkers:
- 1 cup semi sweet (or milk) chocolate chips
- 8 jumbo marshmallows
- crushed candy canes
For the Hot Chocolate:
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, bring milk and half to just below a simmer.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate.
- When the chocolate is melted, add the vanilla extract.
- Reheat gently and serve with chocolate covered marshmallows.
For the Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Dunkers:
- Place semi sweet chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and heat on 50% power for 1 minute. Remove from the microwave and stir. Continue this process until the chocolate is almost melted. Then stir until the chocolate is smooth.
- Dip marshmallows in chocolate and then in crushed candy canes.
- Push straw throw center of marshmallows and let sit until chocolate hardens.