A versatile, all-purpose shredded chicken that is made in the slow cooker. Perfect for making ahead and freezing until ready to use. Great for soups, stews, quesadillas and quick sandwiches.
- 4 organic, boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with all the spices. Add chicken stock. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Shred chicken with two forks.
- Cool completely and if you want to freeze, divide into baggies or freezer friendly containers.
- This makes just about six cups total and I like to the shredded chicken into three portions with two cups each.
I posted this recipe years ago and recently updated the photos. The only difference between this recipe and the original is the addition of 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano. I left it out on this version but feel free to add that back in!