- 2 large avocados, diced
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar, divided
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 corn tortillas
- 12 oz green enchilada or chili verde sauce (Trader Joes is my favorite)
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine diced avocados, black beans, 3/4 cup of the sharp cheddar, bell pepper, salt, cumin and garlic powder; gently toss everything together.
- In the base of a 9 x13 baking dish, pour half of the green salsa or enchilada sauce.
- Divide the avocado mixture between 10 corn tortillas evenly. Roll them up and place them seam side down in the baking dish. Top with the rest of the enchilada sauce and sprinkle with the other 3/4 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes just until the cheese is melted and filling is heated through. Top with diced scallions, diced tomatoes, additional avocado and fresh cilantro.
- Serving Size: 2-3 enchiladas