This is my favorite quiche recipe that I make. Crispy bacon, caramelized onions and Jarlsberg Cheese are what make this quiche so amazing!
- 8oz bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 large purple or sweet yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 single recipe of your favorite pie dough
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup half and half
- dash tabasco sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt and pepper
- 4 oz (about 1 cup) grated Jarlsberg Cheese
- Heat butter in a large, heavy-bottomed sauté pan on medium heat. Add the sliced onions and cook, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes, until the onions have softened and are translucent. Reduce the heat to low and cook for an additional 20-30 minutes, stirring often, until the onions are well browned and onions are completely caramelized. Remove from heat.
- Preheat the oven to 375F degrees.
- Line a 9-inch pie plate with your favorite dough (I used store bought) and stick in freezer while you prepare other quiche ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mix sour cream with a pinch of salt and pepper; set aside.
- Over medium heat, fry bacon pieces until crispy and done to your liking; drain bacon on a paper towel; set aside.
- In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add half and half, tabasco, dry mustard, and a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Remove pie plate from the freezer. Spread the 3 tablespoons of sour cream in the pie plate as the base of the quiche. Add the caramelized onions, fried bacon, and grated Jarlsberg cheese. Pour the egg mixture into crust.
- Bake at 375F for 40-45 minutes.