Baked halibut and mango salsa make for healthful and simple tacos.
For the Fish:
- 1 lb wild halibut (I buy wild caught frozen halibut from a local health food store)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 cups diced mango (about 3 mangos)
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and diced (add seeds or the whole jalapeño if desired)
- juice of 1–2 limes
- pinch kosher salt
- corn tortillas to serve
- Preheat the oven to 375F degrees.
- Mix all the spices in a small bowl.
- Place halibut in a baking dish and brush with olive oil. Sprinkle evenly with spice mix. Squeeze lime juice over fish and bake, uncovered, about 12 minutes.
- While fish is baking, prepare mango salsa by placing all ingredients in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and set aside until fish is done.
- When fish is done, use a fork to break into flakey pieces and scoop into warmed corn tortillas and top with salsa.