- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles such as Rotel
- 1 (14-ounce) can canned pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels from the cob (or frozen)
- 1 large bell pepper diced (I used 1/2 yellow and 1/2 orange)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chopped cilantro
- 8–10 baked corn taco shells
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- lime and hot sauce for serving
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Heat quinoa and water with a pinch of salt in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low, cover and barely simmer until water is absorbed and quinoa is cooked through. Uncover and fluff quinoa with a fork.
- Stir in Rotel, drained pinto beans, corn kernels, chopped bell pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic and onion powder, dried oregano and salt. Heat mixture over medium heat, cooking 8-10 minutes until hot all the way through.
- Turn heat off and stir in cilantro.
- Spoon quinoa mixture into 8-10 baked corn tortilla shells. Top each taco with a generous sprinkle of cheddar cheese. Bake tacos, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes until cheese is melted and taco shell edges are starting to turn golden brown.
- To serve, top tacos with diced avocado, lime wedges and hot sauce.