Baked oatmeal loaded with berries and bananas. Gluten and dairy free!
- 2 cups rolled oats (use gluten free if necessary)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups almond milk (or any kind of milk you like)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups mixed berries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Butter a 6-qt or similar size baking dish. A glass 9×9 dish would work well too.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and brown sugar.
- In another bowl, combine milk, eggs, vanilla and melted coconut oil. Use a whisk to incorporate eggs and mix well. Pour the wet mixture over the oat mixture and stir in 1 cup of the berries.
- Pour the oatmeal into prepared dish. Sprinkle the top with remaining 1/2 cup berries and the sliced banana. Bake for 35-45 minutes until oatmeal is set in the middle and the top is just starting to brown. Remove baked oatmeal from oven and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of sugar. Return oatmeal to oven, turn oven to broil, and cook for 1-3 minutes until oatmeal top is golden and starting to candy.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Serve oatmeal with a scoop of Greek yogurt or drizzle of cream and a few fresh berries. This is best served warm. Store leftovers in the fridge and rewarm in the microwave before eating.