More of a guideline than a recipe, these brussels sprouts are just as easy to make for one as they are for a group. Play around until you get ’em just how you like them!
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- garlic powder
- brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and cut in half
- fresh lemon, optional
- In a stainless pan, heat a tablespoon or so of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- With a heavy hand, sprinkle kosher salt, black pepper and garlic powder into pan.
- When pan is nice and hot (1-2 minutes), place brussels sprouts cut side down. If the brussels sizzle, that’s a good sign!
- Place tight fitting lid on pan and turn heat to medium low.
- Set time for 8 minutes and don’t lift pan lid or disturb the pan.
- When timer goes off, remove pan from heat and sprinkle brussels with a drizzle of fresh lemon juice.