A breakfast favorite, these oats are reminiscent of blueberry pie!
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 cups water
- pinch kosher salt
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- toppings: hemp seeds, walnuts, honey
- Bring water to a boil. Add salt and oats. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 minutes until oats are creamy and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, add frozen blueberries, orange juice, syrup and cornstarch to a small sauce pan. Bring to simmer and cook 3-5 minutes until blueberries are cooked and you have a nice syrup.
- Divide oats between two bowls. Top each bowl with half the blueberry mixture. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of cream over each bowl. Top with a pinch of hemp seeds, a small handful of chopped walnuts and a drizzle of honey.