An easy and filling breakfast recipe highlight Utah made ingredients.
- 2 whole pita rounds, cut in half
- 4 slices peppered bacon
- 6 eggs
- 2 oz grated Beehive Cheese Co. Uinta Jack cheese
- pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons Pepperlane Blackberry-Jalapeno Preserves
- 1 large handful of fresh baby spinach
- Crack eggs into a small bowl and whisk with a fork until well combined; set aside until ready to scramble.
- Cook bacon in a medium size sauté pan over medium heat until well done and crispy. Remove from pan and let bacon drain on a paper towel. When cool enough to handle, cut or crumble into small pieces.
- Wipe almost all excess grease from the pan, leaving just enough to cook the eggs, and return to stove top. Over medium heat, scramble the eggs 2-3 minutes until just set. Add the grated cheese and a pinch of salt. Cook the eggs a minute longer so the cheese melts and the eggs are cooked through. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, toast the pitas lightly in a commercial toaster just until warmed through. Spread 1 tablespoon of the preserves inside each pita. Divide the eggs into the 4 halved pitas along with a healthy handful of spinach. Sprinkle with reserved bacon pieces and serve warm.