For the flank steak:
- 1.25 lb flank steak
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeño
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 orange, juiced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
For the pizza:
- 1 recipe of your favorite pizza crust (I totally used store bought- thank you TJ’s)
- 1 cup of cilantro pesto
- 6 oz shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 small red onion, diced small
- fresh cilantro
For the flank steak, put all ingredients (minus the flank steak) in a food processor and pulse until a all ingredients are smooth. Transfer the marinade and the flank steak to a large ziplock baggie and marinate for 2-3 hours.
- When ready to cook, remove steak from marinade (discarding marinade) and grill the steak on medium-high for 5-6 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. I’m a medium rare girl….
For the pizza, preheat oven to 500F degrees.
- Divide pizza dough in half and spread each dough until about 12-inches wide in a large circle.
- Sprinkle baking sheet or stone with a tablespoon of cornmeal (optional) and then place dough on it.
- Spread dough with 1/2 of cilantro pesto and sprinkle with half of cheese.
- Place in a hot oven and bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven and top with thinly sliced flank steak, chopped red onion, fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime.
- Repeat to make a second pizza.